Rules and Regulations 1. Tenant must conform to municipal and state laws, including but not limited to: * No one is allowed on the beach between 1:00 am and 5:00 am (401) * No sleeping is allowed in vehicles or public places (306) *No dogs allowed on the beach between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm (402) * No surf fishing allowed within 100' of swimmers between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm (403) * The following are prohibited on the beach (404): o Glass bottles or glass containers. o More than 3 beverage containers unless in bulk metal or hard plastic containers o More than 3 empty beverage or food containers * No littering allowed within the Town limits (304) * No commercial activity allowed without a contract (302) * No alcoholic beverages allowed in public (301) * All gatherings or parties of 25 or more require a permit which can be obtained at the Town Hall (305) * Disorderly conduct is not allowed (303) * A permit is required for all fires on the beach. The permits can be obtained at the Town Hall (405) * A parking permit is required for all parking on the public right of ways, unless posted otherwise. The parking permits can be obtained at the Town Hall (505) * No private vehicles are allowed on the beach (407) * Fines are $25-100 upon conviction (102)
2. Tenant must conform to The Cove Condominium Association Rules and Regulations, including but not limited to:
* Each 100/200 Unit has one non-exclusive parking space assigned to it by Unit number. There is only one space per unit. Extra cars can be parked on the street. All vehicles, whether parked on the street or the north side of the 100/ 200 Units require a Dewey Beach Permit between the hours of 10 am and midnight or they will be ticketed. These permits can be obtained at the Town Hall, Rodney St. There is no double parking. That is one car behind the other on the North side of 100/ 200 Units.
* Beach items, shoes, BIKES and other objects are not to be left in the common passageways or entrances to the buildings.
* Clothing or laundry such as BEACH TOWELS are not to be hung over the balcony railings or those of the common walkways and no objects, such as BEER CANS are to be placed on the railings.
* Charcoal/propane grills, fires or cookouts are not permitted on the balconies/ in front or behind the Units.
* PETS of any kind are not permitted.
* GARBAGE AND TRASH is to be placed in plastic garbage bags and put into the dumpster located at the bayside of the parking are in the center of the complex. You will be charged for the removal of trash left by you in the common areas.
* NOISE RESULTING FROM STEREOS, TV AND PARTIES IS TO BE KEPT AT A REASONABLE LEVEL AT ALL TIMES. AFTER 11:00 PM, ALL NOISE IS TO BE CURTAILED TO RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF OTHERS. VIOLATORS WILL BE REPORTED WITH PROSECUTION AND EVICTION AUTOMATIC AFER TWO REPORTS. TWO VIOLATIONS RESULT IN THE OWNER LOSING THEIR RENTAL LICENSE.
* Food is not permitted in the pool area. Beverages must be in cans or plastic. NO glass is allowed. ANY PERSONS FOUND WITHIN THE POOL AREA AFTER CLOSING WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW IN THE TOWN COURT BY THE POLICE. Pool regulations posted poolside must be followed and will be enforced by withdrawal of pool privileges. Guests of Tenants are discouraged.
* No one under the age of 14 is allowed in the Community Room without adult supervision.
* Contact the Resident Manager for Pool Hours. Access to the Tennis Court is via a key from the owner/ realtor. Washers and dryers, as well as a phone (for local calls only) are located in the pool area.
o NO MORE THAN 6 PEOPLE MAY RESIDE IN 2 BEDROOM UNITS o NO MORE THAN 8 PEOPLE MAY RESIDE IN 3 BEDROOM UNITS o NO MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE MAY RESIDE IN 4 BEDROOM UNITS
IF GUESTS IN OTHER UNITS ARE CONSISTENTLY VIOLATING THESE RULES TO THE EXTENT THAT IT IS DISTRUBING YOUR VACATION MAKE THESE VIOLATIONS KNOWN TO THE MANAGER. THEY WILL TAKE SUCH STEPS AS NECESSARY TO ALLEVIATE THE PROBLEMS.
3 Unit 201 Specific Regulations
Contract/Payment: Upon receipt of security deposit and cleaning fee, Tenant's requested date(s) shall be reserved. As stated elsewhere, full rental payment is due within 21 days of possession. Upon owner's receipt of full payment, a welcome letter and lock box code will be provided. The owners reserve the right to recover financial or other loss due to damages from any security deposit collected. The term damages may include failure to leave the property in good condition upon departure or replacement cost of parking permits removed from the unit.
Check in is at2:00 pm; Check out is at 10:00 am promptly.
Arrival: Inspect the condo upon arrival. If the unit was not left in good clean condition,please report this to the owners at the phone number below. Failure to do socould result in forfeiture of your deposit.
Cleaning: We will collect a $75 cleaning fee for all rentals. This is separate from the security deposit and the rent. It is not negotiable as this is the cost of the provider. In addition, cleaning supplies are provided in the cabinet under the sink and in the closet in the living area. Whenyou check-out, the unit should be left in good condition for the Tenantchecking in after you. This includes washing the dishes used and puttingeverything back where it was when you entered. Please remove all trash and items remaining in the refrigerator or cabinets provided by Tenant. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of deposit monies. A cleaning service willinspect the unit and clean it thoroughly. However, any additional cleaningcharges will be deducted from your security deposit. For yourconvenience, there is a public hose to rinse off sand on the ground floorbetween unit 101 and 103.
Conduct: In“The Cove Condominium Association Rules and Regulations,” be advised that there is an on-site Association Manager and violations will be brought immediately toboth your and our attention, especially excessive noise, partying ordisrespect of our neighbors will be grounds to evict you, per your contract. They will not hesitate to call the police.Please be courteous to the neighbors. If the AC units are dripping water, use collection pans provided and empty them when necessary. Do not leave items hanging over balconies. There is a pole just inside the balcony to hang towels to dry. There is NO SMOKING inside the condo. If you must smoke, do so outside on the balcony, but do not dump ashes or cigarette butts over the balcony; use the butt cans provided and empty them as you leave. We do receive complaints when butts are thrown over the balcony. If something is burned you may loose your deposit. All long distance calls must be charged to your credit or calling card. Wireless internet is available and can be purchased through beachaccess.net
Parking: On the Cove property (around back), there is both reserved and unreserved parking.Both types require a permit, these are marked COVE and are located on the hooks just inside the front door. Our reserved space will be marked #201.The unreserved spots are first come, first served. In addition, we have purchased a public seasonal DEWEY parking permit,which will enable guests to park out front. Please be certain not to confuse these parking permits- you will be ticketed out front if you have the wrong permit. There is also now metered parking in the front; the permits do not allow parking in those spaces. Please be sure to return all parking permits to the condo so that other guests may also have access to them. Failure to leave the parking permit will result in your deposit being charged the cost of replacement ($200).
Keys: The condo key must be returned to the lockbox upon checkout. Please be sure the box has relocked and is secure when you are leaving- it is a little tricky to operate. There is a second key inside the condo on the hooks inside the front door. Please don’t forget to leave that one for the next guests.
Pool: The pool pass is also located on the hooks inside the front door. The key tab is your pool pass and you may be asked to show it. Tenants are welcome at the pool, but additional guests are discouraged due to limited space. There is a public hose, shower and bathroom in the pool area as well as vending and a gameroom. The HOA will charge if the pool pass is lost. This charge will be passed on to you.
Laundry: The washers and dryers are located in the pool area and they are $1.00 each to operate Linens are not provided You must provide all bed linens, blankets, towels and paper products. This includes: a. a step-out mat for the bathroom, b. bath towels, kitchen towels, beach towels, c. bed linens (sheets) for 2 queen- size beds (if sofa is used) + 2 full size beds (queen- size works well for these too).
If you wish to have linens provided, you can make arrangements through sheetsatthebeach.com
Respect our property. This is our private residence and you are guests. Please use it gently and you will be welcome to return. Balcony furniture is provided; do not use the other condo furniture outside.·
More information will be provided upon confirmation